Friday, March 28, 2014

Three Men In A Boat

Humor, a topic that I adore more next to music, is obviously a powerful stress buster. Not just a stress buster but it will also be a good flavor that makes our talk tasteful when added with the usage of filtering by emotional intelligence. Recently I have added another book to my “done-reading” list which of course a hilarious writing by a person with an extra ordinary sense of humor.  I have read 4 books so far, all of them I really enjoyed thoroughly though each one of them varies a lot at the core.

To brief

1)    The diary of a young girl – As it’s a real diary of a little girl and the writing consists of her genuine thoughts, it    just stands out despite no rich literature and no professional writing.
2)     To kill a mocking bird- The novel’s big strength is its literature along with the humanity lessons it teaches, I would say
3)   The little Prince- As a children’s book, simple; symbolic and poetic writing takes a firm stand forever. Being simple is the ultimate form of beauty and this book is a perfect example for that I would say.

And the fourth one is what I’m going to talk about today – “Three Men In A Boat” by Jerome.K.Jerome.BTW, “Jerome” is a nice name :)

I have learnt one important thing from the above mentioned reads. That is all five fingers are not the same and they should not be compared for any reason. They are perfect in their own way and that’s all about it. We humans too, each and every one of us, are like that- special, unique and talented in our own way and there is no reason to compare with each other.

Let’s come to the topic at least now. :)


First of all it’s a novel of 18th century and it’s still praised in 21st century which is the ultimate reward to the author and his writings. It’s not only timeless but also penetrates minds of people from various countries and various cultures in spite of the differences. The book is said to be a great travel guide as well. But I couldn’t grasp anything regarding that as I’ve never been to those places. Still the humor it emits, balances everything and makes us engaged in reading. I’ve rarely seen a person with such a sense of humor so that simply makes him outstanding. But the best thing about its hilarity is, it’ not deliberately created but what emerges with the basic human nature.

The author must have been a poet as well as his writings offer some appreciation for the calmness and beauty of the nature, which I really enjoyed as I’m also on the same wavelength as him, I guess. Yes, it contains some poetic expressions as well but the percent is very low. And the novel goes around three men and a dog named as “Montmorency”. I think there should be a meaning for this weird name “Montmorency” but I have no idea about it. The writer gives voice/text to the dog’s expressions and that’s the most creative thinking from him I would say. (Here I remember a comedy scene from a tamil film (can’t remember the name) where the comedian Vivek acquiring the ability to listen to the mind voices of animals and it irritates him a lot.)

In overall, it was maximum fun and I would recommend it if you are a fun loving person.




No comments:

Post a Comment